our family's journey in military ministry (current abode: Ft. Lewis-McChord, WA)

Tuesday, April 29, 2008

What Day Is It?

Greetings! Our title tells all as we look back over the last month of our lives...from work, ministry at the Korean church, birthing classes at the hospital, doctor appointments, flying to Seattle twice, school, taking care of our Daisy girl (whom we recently had to take to the vet!) and all the in between, it has been pretty crazy to say the least. Oh and did I mention Glen got really sick too? Phew...but despite all of it our God has proven to be faithful as He has sustained us and given us joy amidst the "chaos". So here are the updates:

1. Mommy & baby BOY are healthy and well! We had our 29/30 week check up yesterday and all is moving along quite nicely. We have a little over 2 more months and then we can see our little guy. Here's a picture of the handsome man (the "Glen clone" mommy thinks) below...


2. We are MOVING to Seattle!! After many e-mails, phone conversations, two separate trips and lots and lots of prayer, Faith Bible Church (http://www.fbcseattle.org/) has offered Glen the position of Associate Pastor of Family Ministries and he thankfully accepted. We are honored to come alongside this church and body of believers. The tentative plan of WHEN to move is not set yet. We have much to think through and plan still but we couldn't be more thankful to God for His provision and guidance as seminary soon comes to a close. Here are a few pics from our last trip below...


Pastor Mike & his wife Lyanne show us around Seattle before we head out


Dick's Burgers in Seattle=In N' Out in L.A. (well...sort of). Thanks Mike and Lyanne! :)


Glen and I LOVED our hotel (Sierra Bellevue), highly recommend it!

3. Shilo went to a luncheon at the MacArthur home this last Saturday. All the seminary wives whose husbands are graduating were invited to share lunch with Patricia MacArthur (Pastor John's wife) and my friend Jen and I were able to enjoy lunch with her at the table. It was pretty unreal, I know it sounds corny :). I guess when you have looked up to your pastor for a number of years of a large church, it was a neat time getting to know her and a few of the other ladies. I was encouraged by the love she has for her family and the church as a whole, it felt relaxing being there. Anyways, one of the many great endings of seminary coming soon to a close. Here are a few pics of the time there...

Me & Patricia

Their beautiful gardenJen & I loved the kitchen!

In their library study (aren't we such dorks?)

3 comments:

Blissfully Yours said...

Shilo and Glen!!! I am so excited for the two of you! What an answer to prayer! Jon and I will have to visit you two in Seattle. Lord willing that won't take us too long. Your son is adorable. I can't wait to welcome him to the world. For a moment there I thought I was going to read that he was born already. Praise be to our glorious King. We love you guys!
Lola

Jessica Bott said...

That's wonderful news, Shilo!! What part of town is the church in? I LOVE Seattle - my bro lived there for 11 years and one of my best friends from college is there now. Not to mention, our sweet friend Melissa lived there for a while. :) I'll pray for you as you get ready for several transitions in the coming months!!! So exciting.

Jen said...

Ok, now how do we get us Trzeciak's up there? Love the luncheon pics, I'm going to download them and post them on my blog too! Love you girl.