our family's journey in military ministry (current abode: Ft. Lewis-McChord, WA)

Friday, October 17, 2008

Catching Up

Glen & I went to Faith Bible Church's Fall Retreat last weekend at a place called Warm Beach, which was about an hour and half north of us. We think it's pretty cool that the entire church takes the time each year to get away for a couple days to refresh, worship and be together. The speaker, Dr. John Treveen, spoke on grief and going through trials. Sweet reminders to us to hold to Christ as our HOPE even when life is difficult. While there, we were able to steal away for a few shots :). "Look Dad, Mom thinks I look more like her""Shaaah right Mom, wishful thinkin'!"
"So am I really the extension of these silly two?"
"Ahhhh...let's pause for our family photo, isn't the scenery beautiful?"
"Now wait, did you say that I have to go to bed NOW?"


"I guess Daisy needs to get some love too after I've gone to bed"

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow-- what a great opportunity... to get away with your parish family for a few days! :) Looks beautiful there.
Micah is getting so big! :) What a cutie! Shilo-- I can see some of you in the little guy, too! :)
Sending you love from back East! :)

Kristin Casebolt said...

you're little guy is just so cute!!!! I just had to let you know,...incase you didn't know already=)

G&S said...

Is this Kristin Casebolt? I think it may be...thanks for your comment! We happen to think he is a cutie ourselves :).

~Shilo

Susie (Shaw) Fitler said...

oh i miss that joyful smile. hope things are going well in the transition. and what a cutie...he is getting big. big hug!