our family's journey in military ministry (current abode: Ft. Lewis-McChord, WA)

Friday, July 3, 2009

Little Town of Leavenworth

The whole fam, including our Daisy girl, packed up in the van yesterday morning and headed out to Leavenworth, about 2.5 hours northeast from Seattle. It's a Bavarian (German) community. We have heard so much about it since moving here so decided to get away for the night (found a great deal on www.priceline.com/). Highlights: Gorgeous views of the mountains/valleys, eating German sausage at Munchen House (twice mind you!), hiking around the area, hearing some blue grass music at a Farmer's Market, and walking around the city. I suppose the pics will be more enjoyable than me rambling on :).
Hope you have a Happy 4th of July!


Oh wait...a few more words from Micah Man:

"Hi! Did you know my 1st birthday is in 12 whole days?! Mommy says I will get to eat cake...sounds good to me, never had it before."

"Did I tell you I'm excited for my birthday yet?"

2 comments:

Brandi :) said...

wow-- what an awesome & beautiful town! What a great little getaway for the family! It reminds me SO much of the towns we visited in Germany years back... wow!
Micah Man... the BIG #1 IS almost here... yay! :) You are getting so big, so fast!

Jen said...

Looks amazing and so beautiful, we'll have to check it out for sure, thanks for the tip!

Looking forward to the party and seeing you guys!