our family's journey in military ministry (current abode: Ft. Lewis-McChord, WA)

Sunday, May 9, 2010

Weekend

Came across a favorite hymn the other night, "Jesus, I My Cross Have Taken". One particular line reads, "Man may trouble and distress me, 'twill but drive me to Thy breast; Life with trials hard may press me, heav'n will bring me sweeter rest. O 'tis not in grief to harm me, while Thy love is left to me; O 'twere not in joy to charm me, were that joy un-mixed with Thee." What a joy to know that whatever the Lord brings our way, the promise of heaven's sweet rest awaits us. May whatever we go through always drive us to Thy breast!
What we are thankful for from the weekend:

Seattle Mariners vs. Los Angeles Angels Game
(given from a family in our church)
Bet you can't tell who we rooted for :)"Are we there yet, my first baseball game!" Cutest boys in the stadium
Mother's Day
Glen blind-folded and surprised me with dinner at BluWater Leschi for Mother's Day. It was so peaceful. I thank the Lord for this amazing man that I married almost 5 years ago. He insisted on making me feel special even after I told him over and over that I was fine staying at home. I continue to admire his love for the Lord, others, and genuine humility. What a precious gift I have in my hubby. I love you! And Micah, you make being a mommy the greatest joy in the world. I pray that as you grow up, I can give you a glimpse of how great our Father's love for us is so that you in turn will love Him all the days of your life. Love you bud.

Mt. Rainier

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Associatedcontentnetwork.com Article directory free for publish your press release and articles !

Anonymous said...

I've been trying to discover some good GPA scholarships on-line, however could not find any till now!

Then I found this website, so definitely examine them out! They even give away huge amounts of every day money!

The best[url=http://www.gpascholarships.org] scholarship for good gpa[/url] in your education proper now!

Anonymous said...

INSERT

Anonymous said...

[url=http://www.footballfalconsproshop.com/matt_ryan_jersey_super_bowl]Matt Ryan Jersey[/url] emurbursofs
[url=http://www.49ersonlineofficialstore.com/alex_smith_jersey_super_bowl]Alex Smith Jersey[/url] TynckeyncBype
[url=http://www.footballfalconsproshop.com/michael_turner_jersey_super_bowl]Michael Turner Jersey[/url] Proonseorek

Anonymous said...

|
|
|