our family's journey in military ministry (current abode: Ft. Lewis-McChord, WA)

Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Micah One Month!

Well...I hear tons of people say it and it seems to be true, time does go by fast! Our Micah William is coming up to one month old already and we have tried to cherish every minute knowing that he is growing up fast. Here's a few things along the way that I've learned as a 'new' mommy:
  1. I have a growing respect for cows...since I nurse ALL THE TIME :).
  2. I now know what a "blow out" means and whew, does it get messy.
  3. Remember to pack an extra outfit or two for Micah when going somewhere for the day, you never know what could happen.
  4. So I really can live off 4 hours of sleep a night? Wow, never knew this one.
  5. Getting a smile from Micah seriously makes my day!
Other updates? Looks like we are set to leave for Seattle on Tuesday, September 2nd. Two amazing praises (!!), we found a three bedroom/two bath rental home in a town called Renton which is about 20-30 minutes away from the church AND our friend James, who Glen went to seminary with, is going to help drive our U-Haul for us which will be a great help! So with that said, we are focused on connecting with friends and packin' before we head out. We'll try to post more before then but hope you enjoy the latest and greatest pics of Micah Man~
"Have I mentioned how I LOVE to sleep?""Baths aren't all that bad as long as I'm snuggled afterwards in one of these...ahhhh""I suppose this hairy creature must be growin' on me"
"I've met the woman of my dreams...Aubrey Trzeciak""And she likes me too, woohoo!"

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Isn't it amazing how this tiny angel can change your life so much and make you learn & realize SO many things-- day after day?!? It's amazing and truly a blessing!
Glad to hear everything is falling in to place for your move... best of luck as you continue to pack up.
Take care of all of you! :) We all send our love from back East... Keep the updates coming! :)
p.s. I esp. love the 1st pic of him... too precious! I love to watch them sleep... so peaceful and innocent! :)

Jen said...

A match made in heaven! We had so much fun with you here last Friday, miss ya!

Tammalamma said...

Happy Belated Birthday ShiShi! I know I've missed your bday (by 10 days) ... but better late than never! :)

I'm so happy to hear about you, Glen, and Micah via your blog. We will definitely keep you in our prayers as you get ready to transition to Washington.

Many, many hugs, and lots of misses,
tammalamma