our family's journey in military ministry (current abode: Ft. Lewis-McChord, WA)

Saturday, September 20, 2008

Who would have known...

that Starbucks would get SO popular from here!! We took a little trip down to Pike's Place Market yesterday and had such a blast. We stopped at the very first Starbucks and wouldn't you know there was a gospel group singing right out in front (although you can't tell by the photo). Pretty amusing we thought. Anyways, we had to buy a drink of course so Glen got his usual coffee and I got a Pumpkin Latte (first taste of Fall...yummy!). The market is full of seafood places, jewelry, flower venues, etc. Glen even bought me flowers :). Micah seemed to enjoy himself as well, he's such a good boy for the most part. We are enjoying every minute of parenthood...maybe because he's not a toddler yet (lol).

4 comments:

Crystal said...

I love your twinkly eyed smiles in all the pictures! Pumpkin Spice Latte's are one of my fave's too - (have to admit, love those egg-nog latte's) Good to hear from you - looks like moving in went well - and it looks like you have an awesome church family. I shall add you to my list too :) (how are you liking the rain?)

Anonymous said...

Wow-- Pikes Market! We have used a training video at work called the "FISH PHILOSOPHY" and it's based on the workings of that very Fish Market-- how neat! They say it's awesome to see the place work... the interaction of the employees and the customers! Glad you are getitng out to see all of the sites!
**I love STARBUCKS, too! The "Fraps" are our faves! :)

John and Daisy Cox said...

Hey guys,
I love the new blog. So pretty! How did you get that wallpaper up there? LOVE it! Look at the Thompsons in Seattle. Crazy girl. It looks like a lot of fun. Micah is so cute! I am praying for you right now! Okay all done:) Thanks for our talk the other day...I got that book War of Words, oh boy! God brings it on when you ask Him too! I praise Him for that and for this new place that you are in. love u

Unknown said...

Glen & Shilo, Micah is getting so cute!!! I can't believe how much he has changed! I want to pinch his little cheeks!! I love this picture of him! Grammy needs to have it!! Love you, Grammy