our family's journey in military ministry (current abode: Ft. Lewis-McChord, WA)

Saturday, August 18, 2007

Joni & Friends Tour

This last Friday, I had the privilege of taking a tour of the brand new Joni & Friends International Disability Center which my company did the lighting for and helped donate. It was an amazing experience hearing Joni Eareckson Tada's testimony and how she lives being quadriplegic. There were scripture verses written all throughout the building with a beautiful fountain & chapel in the middle. My friend (& co-worker) Alex and I were also able to get a photo with her. In the second photo, Joni is catching up on her e-mail by using her voice. Her life has touched so many people with disabilities around the world. I saw a neat quote in the building that said, "Lord, help me to live a life that is utterly disproportionate to who I am". It touched me because only God can do that in our lives! May we all strive to live with that in mind. What an encouragement to go there.

1 comment:

Jen said...

What a neat day Shi, how fun to have met Joni and see where she works.

See you guys soon, we'll be home in 4 days!